Back in Florida after a very nice visit with my family in Cape Elizabeth, Maine. The month of July was over much too quickly…and I didn’t have time to do half of the things that I planned to do, or see half of the people that I wanted to see…the typical vacation problem.
There were many memorable moments though:
- a birthday lunch (mine) at Ri-Ra Pub with Mom and Dad on the Portland waterfront;
- two family birthday parties (my great nephew Harold’s 2nd and my sister Barbara’s 54th);
- a couple of family cook-outs;
- delicious lobsters…caught fresh by my brother-in-law Gary;
- a nice dinner at family friends (the Hanson’s);
- a boys’ night out with Dad at Bull Feeney’s Pub…good food and ale, and a musical reading of "St. Brendan’s Voyage";
- a shopping adventure at the new Cabella’s megastore in Scarborough, and then lunch with brother Tom and family;
- watching the entire 3rd season DVD of "Monarch of the Glen" with my own Hector and Molly;
- an interesting morning with my sister Barbara at the huge Georgia O’Keefe exhibit at the Portland Museum of Art;
- hearing my brother Tom’s hilarious account of the night that his constipated Great Dane’s bowels erupted with such an enormous blast that he had to replace not only carpet but drywall; and
- many sunny mornings walking along the beach looking for sea glass…I found a large teardrop cut red gemstone (a garnet or ruby I think, which I left with Mom to take to a jeweler)…The Luck of the Irish !!!